Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The miracle medicine

***
In the name of God, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate; blessing and peace be upon Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.

Reflection
"Practise forgiveness, command decency
and avoid ignorant people." (Araf 7: 199)
***

One night a few years back while walking in front of the former Cathay cinema at Jalan Munshi Abdullah in Malacca, heading to a spot to wait for my wife to fetch me home, an Indian youth suddenly rushed to me, his face grimming with pain.

He then held out his hand and said, "Pak Haji (Uncle) please, please help me. I had sprained my hand."

I was taken aback, my throat went dry; I couldn't say anything for a few seconds. That encounter shocked me, but when I managed to get back to my senses, I asked the Indian youth what had happened and why he chose me in asking for help.

He ignored my questions, saying that he needed my help badly.

"I don't know how to help you. I am not a doctor, nor a 'bomoh' (traditional healer)," I said. The youth kept on pleading, I had no choice but to do something.

I reached for my bag and searched for a plastic bottle in which I always stored my drinking water.

I then poured the water on the youth's hand and rubbed it saying 'Bis-mil-laa-hir raH-maa-nir ra-Him' (in the name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful and then went on reading Surah al-FatiHah (the Opening) which means; Praise be to Allah; the Nourisher of the worlds, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful; Master of the Day of Judgement; To You do we worship and to You do we beg for assistance; Do guide us along the right path; The path of those whom You have bestowed favours; Not of those upon whom wrath is brought down; And not of those who go astray; Do accept our do’a, O Allah.

I didn’t know whether my action was correct in helping the youth, but surprisingly a few minutes later, he said the pain in his hand had gone.

He was okay; he was cured. I couldn’t believe my eyes, the youth was thankful but I was loss for words except thanking Allah SWT for the miracle. It’s unbelievable but nothing is impossible for Allah sub Haa-na-hu wa ta-‘aa-la (s.w.t). A treatment with only a bottle of plain water and His words had the boy cured and then he went on his way.

Unknown to many; using water treatment is common in ‘alternative medicine’, one was the Zamzam water that was Allah’s blessing on Hajar (Hager) and Ismail (Ismael) was used through out the Muslim world in curing sickness.

A few days ago I had the oppourtunity to buy a set of books discussing therapies from good deeds in Islam such as giving alms (charity), reading the Qur'an, praying and crying in fear of Allah SWT. The books were 'Hikmah Terapi Sedekah' (The Therapy in Charity), 'Hikmah Terapi Al-Quran' (The Therapy in Reading the Qur’an), 'Hikmah Terapi Solat' (The Therapy in Praying) and 'Hikmah Terapi Air Mata' (The Therapy in Shedding Tears).

The authors suggested that doing all the good deeds mentioned could help in curing illness if one is sincere to Allah s.w.t. For example saying a prayer (solat) is a therapy highly recommended in curing various illness from the spiritual and physical aspects.

Then by giving alms, it could be a bridge in curing various types of diseases, tears shed in fear of Allah s.w.t. could cleanse the eyes including neutralizing poison clustered in the eye lids.

A preacher, Dr Azhar Yaakob during his 'tazkirah' (religious talk) in the writer's office recently, mentioned about one's aura that could help in healing other people sickness.

He said by visiting, what more by touching patients, the warmth could give spark and life to them. Rubbing the hands of patients could give them confidence that they were on the road to recovery. In the case of boys, rubbing their heads would make them feel at ease.

Dr Azhar also said by mixing with people from ‘the right company’ for example with those who frequent masjids to say their ‘solat’ or be in the company of respected and pious scholars, then their aura would flow inside us, making us more cheerful and energetic , thus uplifting our health.

Regarding alternative medicine, I received this e-mail from one reader, Fadzilah Mohammad from Bukit Beruntung, Selangor.

Dear LANH,
Asalamualaikum wrt wbk.

I wish you would write about 'alternative medicine' as opposed to conventional medicine and do a review of some of their excellent websites. I myself have benefited a great deal from these websites, Alhamdulillah, and would like to share with you, hoping that you would in return, share in with readers.

Amongst them are: -

1. www.ShirleysWellnessCafe.com
A free educational website on the internet since 1996. Shirley, author of the website, wrote: "I was once a victim of the never ending flow of propaganda from the medical establishment (which I think of as the 'disease' establishment because they focus on disease rather than a prevention and wellness) who wants to maintain a monopoly on the word 'cure' and who wants us to believe that we have no control over our own health and that our only hope to get 'well' is with drugs, surgery and radiation."

She achieved optimum health without drugs, surgery and radiation.

2. www.Mercola.com
With over 50,000 pages of highly useful and free heath information to help you, Mercola.com is now the world's most visited natural heath site, and the 5th most visited health website overall.

3. www.Tuberose.com
This self-help alternative medicine site offers extensive educational information on the topics of natural healing, holistic and biological dentistry, herbal medicine, cleansing and detoxification, heavy metal detoxify, diet, nutrition, weight loss etc, etc.

4. www.AlkalizeForHealth.net
This site gives information that you will find hard to obtain elsewhere. Anyone who has cancer; has even had cancer, or wishes to avoid cancer should check out this wonderful resource.

5. www.watercure.com
Dr F Batmanghelidj's pioneering work shows that Unintentional Chronic Dehydration (UCD) contributes to and even produces pain and many degenerative diseases that can be prevented and treated by increasing water intake on regular basis.

6. www.watercure2.com
In this website, you will listen to amazing water cure testimonials from people cured after science said there was no hope.

7. www.naturalnews.com
The natural news network is a non profit collection of public education websites covering topics that empowers individuals to make positive changes in their health, environment and sensitivity, consumer choices and informed scepticism.

8. www.westonaprice.org
Weston A Price Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt charity founded in 1999 to disseminate the research of nutrition pioneer, Dr Weston Price, whose studies of isolated non industrialised people established the parameters of human health.

No comments: