Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Jamadilakhir 28, 1442: Reminiscing Harakah

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful; blessings and peace be upon Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.

Reflection

The Declining Day (Al-'Asr)

1. By the declining day,

2. Lo! Man is in a state of loss,

3. Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort

one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance.


BEBERAPA hari lalu, seorang pembaca menitipkan warkah ini (e-mel) kepada saya:


Assalamualaikum wbrkth


I chanced across your blog recently and I was wondering whether are you the one and the same columnist  who wrote short  English articles in Harakah?  Those days the Harakah with TGNA that is.


I recalled an article that you wrote going to the office commuting from Melaka taking the train. It was some public transport of sort. My memories are failing me.


Sincerely

(namanya)


SAYA MENJAWAB:

Jazakallah...for messaging me.


Alhamdulillah, yes your assumption is correct.

If you go thru' my blog, the English articles are there.

Hope some articles would somehow guide you in life...

Thanks, wassalam...may ALLAH SWT bless you and

we all be in His truth path, Ameen.


JAWAPAN

Alhamdulilaah you replied and syukur you are one and the same.

I must tell you that back in the days I would scoured around Shah Alam
for copies of Harakah since the tabloid was banned. Shopkeepers were
selling them discreetly alhamdulilaah I always get my copies. 

I would bring home Harakah for my mom who lived in Ipoh when
I visited her weekly. She would read it cover to cover.  Mind you,
she was the 'Ketua Wanita Umno' in Kampung...but was an avid
reader of your newspaper. It was partly one of those reasons too
that she would look forward to my coming home.

I later found a book shop in the kampung which was also
selling the Harakah in their back shelves.

Another thing you ought to know is that I would often share your 
column/articles with my students when I taught them English.
It’s the simplicity in looking at, to others are mundane things  but to you, 
you had managed to highlight their significance and nuances.

They were ...media students and I wanted to show them
through your articles that there are stories everywhere. 
They enjoyed those sessions and I hope some of them
will continue to enjoy reading and writing after all words
are their profession. Thank you much.

Indeed, the Harakah had 'barakah' back then and you were
as part of the editorial team was instrumental
to that effect.  Allahyarham TGNA articles were a must read.

Jazzakaallah khairan kathiiran


Sent from my iPad

No comments: