Thursday, March 9, 2017

Women; please cover up properly…

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful; blessings and peace be upon Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.

Reflection

The Declining Day (Al-'Asr)
1. By the declining day,
2. Lo! Man is in a state of loss,
3. Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort 
one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance.

DEAR readers; sorry for not making it last week (writing to Harakah). For the whole week, I was in Northern states, travelling all the way on my ‘kapcai’ (small motorcycle) from Kuala Lumpur (after the RUU gathering) to Padang Besar.

Towns that I passed included Kuala Kangsar thus upon returning home, I was glad to read an e-mail from a reader who resided in the royal town.

It read: "How are you? Hope you and your family are well. Sorry if I have disturb you. Before I started I would like to tell you I am not good in English. Now I want to improve my English from reading your article in Harakah. I just know you are former MCKK student. I am also working in Kuala Kangsar and my age is 45.

"If you do not mind at all, I would like to read all your article before. I really hope you still keep all your writing especially in Harakah English Section." - Nurihan binti Nasir, Kuala Kangsar

A day after returning home, my wife pleaded me to take the family for an outing in Putrajaya - at first I declined as I was too tired but after a while giving it a thought, I agreed because 'as you know', a husband at times needs to please or fulfill his wife needs (fancies)!

In IOC City Plaza in Putrajaya, I choose to sit on a bench to read various newspapers I brought along while my wife and the children went for their 'shopping spree', thronging along the hundreds of shoppers in the mall, tagged as one of the largest shopping complex in the country.

I choose to concentrate on my reading because I was aware the surroundings and ongoing in the mall 'was not good for my eyes'. Patrons especially young girls were in 'their best attires' (in their eyes)...unfortunately some of them were in skimpy, tight jeans that could fasten the heart beats of men, including the 'kopiah' (skull cap) wearing 'pak haji' (those who had performed hajj) like me!

So to avoid 'dosa kering' (to commit sin) of the eyes, I choose to read my papers silently; a while later I felt my shoulder and body being rubbed...I looked up and realized that a teenager girl was by my side. I ignored the situation; but when the girl raised up and pulled down her short T-shit over her buttocks and then strengthened her very tight pants, my 'dirty and sinned eyes' caught 'a shocking scene' -  the colour of her spender could be faintly seen while it's lining was very clear!

At first I choose to be silent - but a hadith of the Prophet s.a.w. kept ringing in my ears: Narrated by Abu Sa'id al-Khudri: I heard the Messenger of Allah
(blessings and peace be upon him, s.a.w.) as saying: 'He who amongst you sees something abominable should modify it with the help of his hand; and if he has not strength enough to do that, then he should do it with his tongue; and if he has not strength enough to do even that, then he should (at least abhor it) from his heart; and that is the least of faith.' (Sahih Muslim Hadith 79)

I raised from my seat and realized the girl was among a family of six - five children whom I assumed as siblings and a woman perhaps their mother - who were sitting and standing near the bench. I greeted (gave salam to) them and soon was in a good conversation with the woman. Yes, she who was wearing a 'tudung' (head covering) was the children's mother. I then knew the ages of the three girls and two boys were between nine (9) months and 14 years and they were from Nilai.

The toddler was in a baby cart pushed by the 14 year old eldest girl who was in a tight jeans and not wearing a 'tudung'. After getting 'accustomed' to them, I then politely asked the woman whether I could gave a 'teguran' (give advice). She smiled and I took the golden opportunity to 'talk' about her children's appearance.

At first she 'retaliated' saying that all her girls wore 'tudungs' when they went to school...and when I told her that as a 'pak haji' (and old man who had performed hajj) I was 'malu' (shy) to the many not yet Muslims in the mall that a Muslim girl could dress that way (her underwear could be seen from behind); she was silent.

I added that her children were her valuable assets...and before I could end the sentence she continued; "anak-anak adalah saham akhirat untuk ibu bapa" (our children are our assets for our well- being in the Hereafter). With that, she rose up and with her children left me...I could felt the dryness in my throat.

I was thinking to ask about the absence of 'a man' (her husband) among them; but it was all over...silently I went back to my seat and continued reading. But my mind was not on the papers but did the 'thinking, analyzing and doing reflections'.

If she had a husband, how could he be not bothered about his children especially the girls' dressing. Subhanallah, the character of a good husband is not the one who provided for all the material pleasures demanded by his wife and children but who was able to guide them for their safety in this world and more importantly in the Hereafter.

In the Qur’an, Allah SWT says with the meaning: “O! You who believe, save yourself and your families from Hell-fire, whose fuel are humans and stones (idols) over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do (precisely) what they are commanded.” (At-Tahrim 66: 6)

Allah SWT orders His believing servants to protect themselves and their families from the Punishment of Allah, through 'taqwa' (fear/wariness of offending Allah) and ordering their families to do so. 
Protection from Hellfire is through 'taqwa' and sticking to the Din (religion) of Islam. Besides, one should advise his family, including parents, children, brothers and sisters, to fear Allah and stick to His Din, through recommending each other to follow Al-Haqq (the Truth), cooperate in righteousness and 'taqwa', enjoining Ma`ruf (that which is judged as good, beneficial, or fitting by Islamic law and Muslims of sound intellect) and forbidding Munkar (that which is unacceptable or disapproved of by Islamic law and Muslims of sound intellect). 

Such should be the state of the Mu'min (believer) with his family and Muslim brethren; by calling to Allah SWT, he seeks to save himself and others from the Punishment of Allah. This matter needs patience, sincerity to Allah, truthfulness, and persistence. The most deserving of your good companionship and kindness is your family and relatives. The Prophet (s.a.w.) said:  All of you are guardians and are responsible for your charges; the Imam (i.e. ruler) is a guardian and is responsible of his charges and the man is a guardian and is responsible of his family.  The greatest responsibility is to take care of what saves them from the Punishment of Allah, by advising them to fear Allah

Muslims women should cover up their bodies, not displaying them. Showing off one’s ‘awrah’ (parts that elicit desire), what’s more in skimpy and 'translucent' outfits of which 'spenders could be seen' was totally against Islam.

The man who sees his wife, daughters and sisters going out in the street with make-up, uncovered heads and bare arms, clothed but seeming naked and does nothing to stop this disobedience in Islam, has surely lost his manhood, abandoned Islam and earned the wrath of Allah SWT. He is a ‘dayus’. There is no way out of this predicament but sincere repentance which will wake him up, restore his manhood and set him back in the straight path.

If the woman whom I met was an 'ibu tunggal' (single mother); then she could bucked up her religious knowledge; but from her saying..."anak-anak adalah saham akhirat ibu bapa..." she must be a knowledgeable person but what made her seemed not bothered about her girls' dressing? Perhaps she had no control over her children as what has had happened to the majority of our young generation nowadays who were very much influenced by the Western or lately the Korean's way of life.

Regarding how the West treats women, an American woman convert, Iman Daglas in her book, ‘A Well-Guarded Treasure’ (Darussalam) wrote: “People are so eager to simulate the people of the West, while in America and Europe, morals have deteriorated to the point that they no longer exist.

“There people would give anything to reverse the moral decline, yet it is too late. Things have gotten so out of control that there is no turning back. It is truly the most overwhelming problem facing the 21st century.

“Women, especially, are treated with absolutely no respect. To so many men, women are nothing but objects, to use any way they choose. When he is done with her, he just throws her aside and goes on to the next women.

“Women have allowed this to happen, by giving up moral and modesty, by not guarding their chastity and virtue; they have allowed themselves to become nothing more than cheap objects of men's desires.”

How true are these words I thought, how could a Muslim girl walk around in a public place with her 'spender' could be seen? The girl I met 'was not alone' - nowadays it is common to see women in tight fittings such as jeans that reveal the shape of their 'buttocks' (sorry to mention this) and legs and wear short and tight upper attires such as T-shirts that reveal their bosoms! 

So, ooh women; please cover up properly...accordingly to the 'syariah' (Islamic standards of requirements) and do not forget to imply them to your love ones such as your children. Please, do not make the hearts of men including 'pak hajis' beats 'out of control'!!!

No comments: